OSCiLLOT PATCHES SHARE

Max for Cats Forums OSCiLLOT Forum OSCiLLOT PATCHES SHARE

Tagged: 

This topic contains 49 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Franchetti Cedric 10 months ago.

• Author

crk
    Keymaster

If you want to share a OSCiLLOT patch, either post a dropbox link or send me the patch vial email and i’ll post it here.
    Size limit is 512 kb in .zip format.
    It would be nice to add a little patch description/notes to your patch (here in the forum and in the patch itself).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  crk.
  • #747 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Here’s a nice drum patch by Rich!
    It uses the 5 part drum sequencer, but instead of using its built in sounds, I used the audio outs as cv triggers for 5 VCAs which have various sound generators coming in. I also added an effects rack with two return channels on the mixer so you can add reverb, delay, etc…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  crk.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  crk.
  • #754 Reply

Rich

This is awesome – only problem I see is you have to register to view attachments, can you add the ability to have user registrations? (It would also be helpful to not have to input user info each time we post)

Anyhow, thanks for setting it up. Really looking forward to seeing how this grows over time.

• #759 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

@Rich – user accounts don’t seem to be possible yet but attachments can now be seen by anyone.

• #760 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Here’s a example for the Sample and Hold Module.

• #762 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Some FM sounds with FFM and OSC A.

Attachments:
    1. Mega-FM.adv_.zip
  • #885 Reply

Olivier Dahan

Hi all !
    Here are two OSCiLLoT presets :
    “Modular Siren” and “Little Music”.

Little music plays.. a little music (Live must be playing). It is my first try of OSCiLLOT and it’s a quite complex preset because I wanted to test a lot of things.
    This preset is using Macro to adjust some parameters (the drums, the basses, transpose the sequence…). There is one macro called “reset” to reset the sequence to 1st bar (turn fully the knob and then put it back to zero), because I don’t found a way to sync Live payback reset with OSCiLLOT internal sequencer (someone has a better solution ? I’ll be glad to read it !).

Modular Siren was an attempt to recreate some siren sound from Tangerine Dream. I must confess it was a completly fail LOL, but the siren sound is cool…

Here is the Dropbox link to these presets :

I hope there will be a lot of preset shares here, don’t be shy :-)

• #908 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Wonderful – sadly the link doesn’t show. Feel free to send the patches to me via mail or try to repost the link…

• #909 Reply

Eshelrock

How do you save the patches?

• #911 Reply

crk
      Keymaster

Simply save them as Ableton Preset – in the device with the ‘floppy disk’ icon. Same as this:
      save icon

• #912 Reply

Eshelrock

Great, thank you! How about saving the zip files like ana-drum-machine-labels 2?

• #956 Reply

Olivier Dahan

Hi all !
    The links seems not to be displayed in this forum. So here are the links for the 2 patches (written as normal text and not using the link feature of the forum) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g11l0avtq3gkf1r/Modular%20Little%20music%20OD.zip?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oombil1hi5xhclw/Modular%20Siren%20OD.zip?dl=0

If if still does not work, at which email adress should I post these links ? (clicking profile does not seem to allow private mail) ?

Hoping the links will be displayed !

• #959 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Works now, thanks!

• #1087 Reply

Moscom

Here is a patch whose aim is pedagogical. It is my interpretation of Rob Hordijk’s masked sync method that he describes in the Nord Modular G2 tutorials:

http://rhordijk.home.xs4all.nl/G2Pages/SoundSources.htm#SoundSources_5688_999263

My patch can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkcyzgm68y3ceop/HordijkSync.adv?dl=0

Cheers
    Moscom

• #1099 Reply

Moscom

According to another tutorial by Rob Hordijk, the patch I posted is close in spirit to VOSIM synthesis. See here for more info: http://electro-music.com/nm_classic/015_workshops/Clavia/NordModularWorkshops&Threads/WerkMap/WorkShops/Hordijk1999-2000/VOSIM.html

• #12802 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Here’s a basic glide synth patch. I used the smooth&jitter module. The slew limiter is too fast (i will probably improve this module for this purpose…)

• #12809 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Some simple but lovely sample & Hold patches.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  crk.
    Attachments:
    1. SAH1.zip
  • #15951 Reply

lxegs

Here’s a modified version of default preset “Granularized Noise”

added two more OSC to make a sci-fi type noise

feel free to modify it.

lxegs

• #15953 Reply

lxegs

• #15954 Reply

lxegs
  • #16117 Reply

keyman
  • #16820 Reply

lxegs

modified noise thunder, more agressive

mixing may be more tweaked

• #17762 Reply

keyman

Thanks lxegs for tweaked ver.

Here goes another patch… they seem to react from the outside;-)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6369052/xx%20DO%20NOT%20ERASE%20-%20MOVE%20xx/Oscillot%20keymanpal/Electric%20Birds.adv

• #17782 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Very nice patches @keyman and lxegs!

• #17787 Reply

lxegs

I ve made a patch that i cannot open after having saved it. i have also an intermediate version with same problems

opening results of the screenshot below, not crashed but never finished opening

is Someone able to open it ? (ableton 9.2, max 6 last version)

screenshot

• #17794 Reply

keyman

Thanks Cristian ;-) planing on sharing some more as I go with this patching adventure.
    Oh and Congrats!! Having great fun (more so using Eigenharps and Continuum to play with Oscillot)

• #17857 Reply

keyman

oh cannot edit/correct post… I meant Christian ;-)

• #17795 Reply

keyman

weird… first it freezes; but waiting some time, and press enter on the patch name (in browser)

Feedback Example_mod3

it loads, but don’t seem to have any sound?

Feedback Example_mod3

• #17858 Reply

keyman

if doubts, this is related to @lxegs post

• #17964 Reply

lxegs

strange …..

can you eventually resave it for me, and share with me ?

don’t remeber if it was completely finished, maybe that’s why there is not sound.

thansk for helping

• #18098 Reply

keyman

Sure @lxegs no problem ;-)
    Try waiting and for strange it may seem click on enter several time (file name) with some 30s interval; the connections take awhile to appear.
    This ver. is not much different from yours, maybe copy with a screen capture?

This is my save, no change
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6369052/xx%20DO%20NOT%20ERASE%20-%20MOVE%20xx/Oscillot%20keymanpal/Feedback%20Example_mod3.-keymanadv.adv

• #18586 Reply

lxegs

thanks !

• #53428 Reply

leighbeater

i have been messing around for a few months without any idea of what i am doing

i have one of the patches that i am pretty happy with, i know there are probably better ways to do things but i wanted to contribute something

how do i upload it here?

• #53438 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Hello leighbeater,

Unfortunately you can’t upload here directly so far, you’d need to use http://www.dropbox.com of a Google drive or YouSendit etc.
    We’d love to hear your patch!

Best,
    c

• #53709 Reply

JamesReynolds

Hi,

Thanks for the ana-drum post quick one how do I instal it for Mac?

James

• #53741 Reply

Lee Templeman

Hi,

I’ve put the .adv file for some of these in the relevant folder (C:\Users\Lee\Documents\Ableton\Factory Packs\OSCiLLOT by Max for Cats\Instrument Presets) but they aren’t showing in Ableton. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Lee

• #54754 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Via Twitter:
    Six new patches from Red Beats (BMI)
    free at Gumroad: https://gum.co/fkgGX

Thanks, Red Beats!

• #55755 Reply

cedric Franchetti

Hello, here some of my devices for oscillot.
    Up to 30 modules in two versions: One for oscillot and one for beap.

Download the 7zip.file here, and extract.
    In the archive: First folder “Oscillot”, copy these files in \Ableton Packs\modules.
    the second folder “Beap&Dependances” here is the version for beap and dependency for oscillot version. Copy this folder in your “shearch max path”. It’s very important because otherwise the Oscillot version do not work!

Install for beap version:

Copy the “Beap&Dependances” folder in you shearch max path, open max, open file browser, create collections, name as you want and drag and drop the snippets files in the collection.
    Or you can open patch “allmodule” and save as snippet one by one all modules..

I’ve try to explain how to work my module. i don’t know if is an good idea because english and me are two! :) Sorry by advance for the massacre of language of Shakespeare!!
    Clik on info box in oscillot and you can see by your self lol.

Let me know if you have an problem or other thing.

happy music!!

modular dric

• #55756 Reply

cedric Franchetti
  • #55758 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Hi Cedric,

Super-cool! I’ll test these asap. Thanks a lot for sharing.

best,
    Christian

• #55761 Reply

cedric franchetti

hello, it’s me, tanks for oscillot!
    just i hope that all dependencies are in the package.. let me know if you have problem with this.

• #55764 Reply

clement

Hi Cedric

I suppose you’re french, me too !

je n’ai pas encore essayé mais si je comprend bien tu as créé de toi même des devices pour oscillot et beap ?

au vu de la capture d’écran dans modular.png je crois que les possibilités avec oscillot viennent encore de grimper d’un coup

bon boulot en tout cas et merci

• #55765 Reply

Cedric Franchetti

De rien et merci du com. :)

• #55890 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

Hello, here my new module an quantizer with scale for oscillot and beap.

For install: download here and unzip. Copy the content of Oscillot folder in \Ableton Packs\OSCiLLOT by Max for Cats\Modules\Logic and for the rest of archive place in your “max shearch path”.
    Some info for use in oscillot.

cedric

• #55891 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

May be an little picture for fun :) ^^

null

• #55919 Reply

crk
    Keymaster

Thanks once more, Cedric! We’re working on a structure to make your OSCiLLOT modules more accessible / persistent when updating OSCiLLOT e.g..

Best,
    Christian

• #55921 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

Cool Christian, I’m looking forward to it.

• #55922 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

An little update of my pack of module. SEQ1 V/O output have little error of approximately
    -0.00000001v and with note c3 by eg this cause -0v and b2 on my quantizer.

• #55926 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

Two new Modules, an other sampler style granulizer, and an sample and hold with treshold adjustable.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_hfRZ740YbmbmpkMm1fenJVYTQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_hfRZ740YbmTGwwR1pqUmVxT2s

• #56138 Reply

Franchetti Cedric

hello, here an simple slew limiter for Oscillot & beap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hfRZ740YbmMFlGSlp5Rk5Dd3M/view?usp=sharing

Reply To: OSCiLLOT PATCHES SHARE
Your information: